The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Paying For College


Subject:  Re: Any Ideas ? Date:  7/28/2001  10:04 AM
Author:  japper Number:  4097 of 8571

T. Rowe Price still has their $50 automatic asset builder program that you could switch to. Of course, selling your child's current fund would trigger gains taxes if the gains were over $750 for this calendar year.

Other ideas: investigate buying separate securities and creating your own mutual fund via DRiPs. (dividend reinvestment plans). There are two active boards here at TMF regarding DRiPs: Drip Investing Basics and Drip Investing Companies; to get there just type the name in the Board box below.

good luck,
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us