The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Paying For College


Subject:  Re: Parent vs Child Assets Date:  8/10/2001  1:57 PM
Author:  Gary11112 Number:  4190 of 8558

...your child must be of legal age in your state in order to gift money to anyone.

Thanks. I would assume that the age at which a UGMA account transfers to the child in a state is the same as legal age in the state, but I'll check before he does anything rash.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us