The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Drip Investing - The Basics

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/roth-ira-xom-drip-15643579.aspx

Subject:  roth ira & xom drip Date:  8/27/2001  8:25 PM
Author:  tthynnus Number:  20260 of 27990

i am thinking about opening up an roth ira with xom. first, i am definitely going to start a roth, just been debating on where. i thought about with my broker but tend away from that - i'll probably end up trading it too much. at the the same time i don't think i want to do an index fund (i do that thru my 401k) - i'd like to do a little better than that but at the same time be "safe". i think xom fits that and i like the idea of the dollar cost avg benefits of a drip. first has anyone out there done this? also is xom the right choice? i think it is. they're not going anywhere, over the last 20 years they've beaten the s&p and i assume they will continue to do so over the long term. that's all i am looking for. i want to set up my monthly deduction and forget about it until i am 60 (i am 32 now). no matter what happens with "gas/oil/fuel" in the future i think xom will be there. any one have any thoughts, insights, advice?

thanks
thynnus
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us