The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Technical Trader's Sanctuary

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltltwe-can-do-our-part-by-doing-good-job-at-15765494.aspx

Subject:  Re: Buying stocks and Patriotism Date:  9/18/2001  12:16 PM
Author:  kingni Number:  766 of 4020

<<We can do our part by doing good job at our position, helping others....>>

Eric, my sentence above coverS most of what you said, just in a very brief form, :-) My other posts covers the part of doing good things. And LTBH and those who have extra $$ are in their consideration. They shoud put that in bold print. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~

<If others don't support why should I be left holding the bag just because I feel it is the right thing to do. I'd rather sell then give me money to a cause--rather than lose it to some other trader outright. The point is...regardless of anyone's good intentions the market will go to where it seeks equilibrium in a fair price. The fair price of airline stocks are much lower. Unfortunately, this is the case--to hold an airline stock to me just wouldn't be a good idea even after it has lost 40% of its value. Shorting it may not be a nice thing to do--but it will still find the same equilibrium point imo--just maybe a little faster.

Eric
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us