The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Technical Trader's Sanctuary

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/kingni-i-share-jeffs-view-that-it-was-15769019.aspx

Subject:  Re: Buying stocks and Patriotism Date:  9/18/2001  9:11 PM
Author:  dereksas Number:  772 of 3923

kingni,

I share Jeff's view that it was irresponsible of the financial media and some brokerages to encourage patriotic buying. I am at a loss and somewhat offended that you would quote my chart to support your point when I disagree with it and feel that the chart shows otherwise for traders.

How would any temporary and artificial buying interest in stocks do anything whatsoever to help the economy or anyone? It certainly has no impact on the economy. Okay, so MAYBE stocks will be higher some time in the future for those who buy and hold...but what does that have to do with traders who are reading here and in the Den?

I know that you are always cheerleading for longs and I think most of us are used to it. But to be honest, I really hope that the traders around these boards did not mistake you for someone who has a lot of good advice to give in this area. A lot of new bagholders were made on Monday...

--Derek
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us