The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Apple

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/apples-slow-death-15854161.aspx

Subject:  apple's slow death Date:  10/3/2001  1:10 AM
Author:  chiefplentybull Number:  57403 of 209734

Recently I have had 2 friends who are long term Apple users switch to PCs just because they used them at their office This must be happening all over. I think Appple needs to get their products into businesses. No one wants to learn a new operating system for home use and one for business. OSX is made for business but if Apple does not market it as such, share will decline and when Steve goes it will leave only me and a few others. Apple is now trading for less than its enterprise value. The Apple brand name, Filemaker, OX9 and X, etc.. have some value = the cash. Yet the stock is pushing its all time low. OLSX I have been told buy a NEXT software engineer who works on it can run on Sun's Sparc processor as well as the Intel chips. Why not market OSX on all the above? A machine running both Windows and OSX would make sales to schools a done deal. How about a nice Ipc in molded windowesque plastic?

Are you listening Steve?

Chief
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us