The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks T / TyCom, Ltd.

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/well-yeah-it-does-work-out-well-for-tyc-and-that-15867055.aspx

Subject:  Re: TYC to acquire TCM Date:  10/4/2001  5:04 PM
Author:  pknoerr Number:  110 of 136

Well yeah it does work out well for TYC, and that was the purpose initially TYC sold the 11% to get cash to implement the buildout of the FO system. Unfortunately, the price of TCM fell rather than continued to rise.

Unfortunately, it looks uglier for the IPO investor as a hindsight 20/20 thing. Given that the market (especially telecom) took a digger. I did things a little different. I was no longer a TYC employee, so I couldn't get in on the IPO. I told myself I'd be patient and buy after the initial pop). I bought at 24, 18, and then doubled down at 8.5 last week. So my buy price works out to 15 and change. I agree that I would have rather sat on TCM for a bit longer, but I also hold TYC from my ESPP. So now I'm adding to my TYC portfolio at relatively depressed prices.

As to buying more TYC, I see TYC being a good LTBH investment and I'll sit on it for a while...... and likely make a big chunk of cash in the process.

PK
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us