The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / My Portfolio

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-memories-15876468.aspx

Subject:  Thanks for the memories Date:  10/6/2001  3:34 AM
Author:  ttfitz Number:  23192 of 27844

Ages ago, I went looking for an online portfolio tracker. One thing I wanted to be able to do was track periodic cash payments (I use a little bit of margin to make annual purchases, then make monthly deposits to pay off the margin), and thus I ended up using the Motley Fool tracker - it didn't allow for the periodic payments I wanted, but at least it tracked cash, so I could do the margin portion.

Then came the Port 2.0 changes, which made me very happy - not only were dividends and cash payment tracking included, but those payments were included in the computation of returns! This was finally what I was looking for.

And now the new changes. Since there was nothing I wanted that wasn't in the 2.0 version, I can't see how there might be "improvements" that are of much use to me. And with the removal of the cash functions, the very thing that made this portfolio tracker better than the rest is gone, apparently never to return.

I don't want to be a whiner and complainer - I understand the economics of the changes that need to be made here, and it's not like I was paying anything for the service. But as this place doesn't fit my needs, I'll probably be going. I wanted to take the time before I left to give thanks to the fine folks at the Motley Fool who have worked hard to give us what we want. In particular, I want to thank Dawn for the help given me back in the beginning of the 2.0 changes, when I had some bugs that were attended to promptly. Somebody out there is going to be getting a good, hard worker.

Tim

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us