The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/but-even-more-important-to-note-is-b-u-l-l-s-h-i-15943765.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Achieving 103% Date:  10/17/2001  4:29 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  53479 of 882900

But even more important to note is

B U L L S H I T
2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

Maybe this is what all those high-priced consultant and
motivational speakers really mean when they want to exceed 100%!

Every Laboratory Animal Facility in the United States has what is called a "Animal Care and Concerns Committee." Because I was the manager of the animal facility I was required to be on that committee. It met every other Friday afternoon after lunch. On this committee were several high paid Veterinarians. When a "protocol" was submitted it had to be "reviewed" which meant spending many hours talking about how the animals were going to be used, what procedures would be performed on them, if the research was redundant, etc. Eventually every "protocol" was ok'ed after we sat there going over each one in tedious detail. The problem was that I was a mid-level manager who had mountains of work, especially because it was friday and I had to make sure the animals were going to be well cared for over the weekend. I dreaded those meetings because it meant that I had to work over to get done all the work that I need to get done, and hence I can see how "103%" is so appropriate for "bull$h!t. - Art

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us