The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/art-you-want-to-know-how-to-succeed-15946475.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Achieving 103% Date:  10/18/2001  12:09 AM
Author:  rocker Number:  53496 of 882900

art---You want to know how to succeed? PERSISTENCE! And I don't know how many percent it is but I know that is how my wife got her PhD and I know people who were not geniuses that are very successful. And, I have several nephews and nieces who were in honors and the gifted program that dropped out of college because they were incredibly lazy.
I think persistence and hard work are more important than genius.

rocker---.....how about "attitude"....i just had a great conversation with a friend of mine that is the general manager of a home depot store....he told me he would rather hiring someone with a great attitude and a smiling face who would be pleasant toward serving customers than to have someone with superior technical knowledge who doesn't treat the customers with the service that is required!!!....technical knowledge can be taught a lot easier than "a great attitude with a smiling face"......i have personally seen that over the year i "served the master!"
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us