The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks T / TyCom, Ltd.

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-allcan-you-please-explain-what-happens-in-the-16131246.aspx

Subject:  Re: TYC to acquire TCM Date:  11/17/2001  10:41 PM
Author:  attaboy30 Number:  113 of 136

Hi all,can you please explain what happens in the buyout process?on the news release it is as follows, "Tyco International Ltd. (TYC;) and TyCom Ltd. (TCM;) announced today that they have executed a definitive agreement whereby a subsidiary of Tyco and TyCom will amalgamate and each outstanding common share of TyCom not owned by Tyco will be converted into the right to receive 0.3133 of a Tyco common share, an increase from the previously announced offer of 0.2997 exchange ratio. Based on the closing price on the New York Stock Exchange of a Tyco common share on October 18, 2001, this represents a value of $15.42 per TyCom common share."
Also, "The transaction is expected to be consummated early next calendar year following approval by TyCom's shareholders."
Sooo,what happens between now and then if TYCO share price jumped to say $60 before they announce a closing date?? PK<< wrote above,"All of your TCM stock will be converted to TYC stock with a buy price of 15.42".I gathered from reading the news release that if the price of a TYCO share was say $60 at the time a date was announced that i would recieve .3133 of a tyco share ($18.80) based on that price? not {15.42} please educate me??
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us