The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks T / TyCom, Ltd.

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/what-i-assume-is-that-i-will-be-given-a-period-16138231.aspx

Subject:  Re: TYC to acquire TCM Date:  11/19/2001  2:19 PM
Author:  prime13 Number:  116 of 136

.What i {assume} is that i will be given a period of time in which i can agree to accept TYCO shares in exchange @the .3133 ratio for my TCM shares.if i do not accept that offer in due time my next {assumption} is that i will have my shares bought for {x} amount of dollars.? am i correct with these {assumptions} as well?

I don't think so. At least this is not what happened in any of the other buyouts that I have been involved with.

What undoubtedly will happen is that at some point, Tyco's purchase of the outstanding shares of TyCom will occur. At that time you will receive .3133 shares of TYC for every share of TCM you own. [You will receive a check for any fractional shares a couple weeks later.] You have no choice -- you will receive the TYC shares. If you prefer to receive cash then you will need to sell your TCM shares before the buyout is official or sell the TYC shares after the the shares are exchanged.

I have not seen anything that says you will be given a choice of cash or shares. I think if you want cash you will have to sell the shares.

prime13 [I am taking the shares.]
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us