The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Mechanical Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/oh-by-the-way-im-libertarian-would-you-16239460.aspx

Subject:  Re: Belize strategy: Perhaps a rethink is in ord Date:  12/7/2001  11:21 AM
Author:  WilliamLipp Number:  112304 of 279119

Oh, by the way, I'm Libertarian.

Would you believe I had already guessed that?

Did you know we've had these discussions before - in fact about Social Security in the last few months?

Would it surprise you to learn that nobody here has ever changed their mind on a political question?

Would it surprise you to learn that some of the people with political views at the opposite end of the spectrum from yours happen to have great ideas about Mechanical Investing?

Would it surprise you to learn the the quality of the MI discussions degrade as the volume of the political discussions increases?

My unsolicited suggestion is that first we get wealthy, then we argue about these political issues on the beach at Belize. Returning to the topic, that suggestion isn't really a rethink of the Belize strategy - it's a reaffirmation of that aspect of the Belize strategy. I know I'm looking forward to showing some people here how wrong they are about Social Security - but it won't matter to us personally, and it will be obvious even to them by the time we get to Belize.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us