The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-remember-wanting-a-talking-et-doll-and-i-got-it-16273189.aspx

Subject:  Re: and You asked santa for.... Date:  12/12/2001  8:47 PM
Author:  lessob Number:  101218 of 312777

I remember wanting a talking ET doll and I got it in my stocking - it was a hard plastic ET and you pulled the string and he croaked, "E.T. Phone HOOOOOOME."

The next big thing I really remember begging for was this electric train set that I saw in the Service Merchandise window. It was in the window and every time we went to that store, I checked to make sure it was still there (because as we all know, when we REALLY want something, there's only ONE). Shortly before Christmas we went back, and the train was no longer in the window. I nearly burst into tears, but mom soothed me by saying that Santa had probably already picked it up for me. I worried over it until Christmas morning, when there it was, under the tree. I played that thing to death.

I always asked for Legos - one year I was really into castles and knights and dragons, and the big Legos castle set came out. It had horses, and knights (and was probably around $50). I got it from "Santa," and my big brother (nine years my senior) and I spent hours that Christmas putting it together, and building the moat -- the drawbridge actually worked with a little string that you looped around a lever and wound it up and down.

I was such a tomboy.... :)

Deb / Lessob
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us