The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/this-thread-is-a-crack-up-some-memorable-requests-16274204.aspx

Subject:  Re: and You asked santa for.... Date:  12/13/2001  12:06 AM
Author:  Guine Number:  101226 of 312777

This thread is a crack-up!

Some memorable requests from various ages: Merlin (hand-held electronic toy; played simple logic games), a "ski jacket" (skiing was not part of my life, it was just for style -- egads!), a Duran Duran "video album" -- ALL their music videos from Planet Earth to their (then) latest, "Is There Something I Should Know?" (Which is from the reissue of the debut album, published after Rio -- I'm definitely showing my age here.)

My Grandmother, when she and Grandpa had no luck in the record stores for this last item, pleaded their case to their local video store proprietor and he sold them his copy. LOL! I always thought that was the funniest/sweetest thing. It's in a nice plastic case and everything.

Some of my favorite gifts were ones I didn't ask for. A box of children's novels as soon as I was old enough to read them and a microscope from the same era come to mind. My folks are talented in the gift-giving department.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us