The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Living Under Bankruptcy

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/cisco-in-1995-i-tried-a-cccs-unfortunately-i-16306410.aspx

Subject:  Re: Is it just me or.......???? Date:  12/18/2001  3:44 PM
Author:  BigEd80 Number:  1053 of 1260

Cisco,

In 1995, I tried a CCCS - unfortunately I only lasted with them for about a year, probably due to the fact that they wanted $1000 a month which was (at the time) 75% of my take-home pay. They did reduce my interest rates, but other than that they were pretty useless.

It appears that these days, creditors look at organizations like CCCS in the same light as Chapter 7, so what's the incentive not to file BK?

The government needs to step in and prohibit creditors from looking at CCCS negatively. If anything, it should be a positive, showing that someone was willing to make the sacrifices to pay back their debts. But instead, I am sure that they will just keep passing laws making it more and more difficult for the average person to file BK.

Of course, how can we expect the government to understand debt? You'd figure after being 3 billion in the hole they would start to figure it all out....
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us