The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/re-which-bond-fund-for-my-portfolio--16419957.aspx

Subject:  Re: Which Bond Fund for My Portfolio ? Date:  1/8/2002  12:44 PM
Author:  UETZ Number:  33165 of 105379

Need some imput with regards to Bond funds. I am seriously contemplating setting up a Roth IRA in my portfolio to house a Bond fund. Presently my porfolio looks like this; 1. Growth Fund of America plus Disney Stock in a rollover IRA, 2.Vanguard S&P 500 Index in a taxable account,and 3. Vanguard Small Cap. Value Index in a Roth. The two funds I am looking at are the Vanguard Short-Term Bond Index Fund and Vanguard's Total Bond Market Index Fund. At the present time am leaning towards the Short-Term fund. After reading Bernstein's "The Intelligent Asset Allocator" and Bogle's "Common Sence on Mutual Funds" I realize the need for a Bond fund to help with asset allocation and risk. Any suggestions or comments would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, in advance, to all who answer for your time and consideration in this matter. UETZ P.S. Feel free to suggest any alternative funds or ideas.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us