The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Short Sales Date:  1/10/2002  9:53 AM
Author:  chickbull Number:  57015 of 128041

How is a short sale reported for tax purposes. For instance, if a stock was shorted in 2001 and not covered until 2002, how do you handle that?
also, if shorted and covered in the same year?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us