The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks S / Sirius XM Radio

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/an-open-letter-to-fool-jeff-fischer-16553939.aspx

Subject:  An open letter to Fool Jeff Fischer Date:  1/25/2002  10:07 PM
Author:  ProfessorMJ Number:  1566 of 10889

It's laughable that a financially distressed company such as the Motley Fool (or were all those hundreds of Fool employee layoffs a misprint in the Wall Street Journal?) is recommending that specific stocks be shorted, ie. SIRIUS SAT RADIO. It truly takes a lazy man of little imagination--and Jeff, that is you in my opinion--to be recommending short stock picks at a time when economic recovery is just around the corner. There are probably at least 100 different stocks that will at least double in value during calendar year 2002--why don't you help your readers/listeners identify these winners rather than recommending a terribly risky shorting strategy?

Just look at the stinking performance of your RULE BREAKER PORTFOLIO these last two years: if you were as smart as apparently think you are, you would have recommended in the Spring of 2000 that each and every one of your RULE BREAKER stocks be shorted. In fact, instead of shorting SIRIUS, I believe I could make more money over the next two years by currently going long on SIRIUS, and currently shorting each and every one of your RULE BREAKER stocks.

If you, the Motley Fool, was a publicly traded company, an investor would be prudent to short you.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us