The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Real Estate Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/jim-thank-you-for-your-comments-i-always-look-16566887.aspx

Subject:  Re: 5 Unit Building Date:  1/28/2002  11:20 AM
Author:  Freeper Number:  1073 of 14287

jim,

thank you for your comments, i always look forward to reading your analyses.

On the turnover front 1 tennant is the owner's MIL (i know). Another young couple has been there 4 yrs and is moving to buy their 1st home. Vacancies have been a non issue for him since he has been able to use his practice to find tenants quickly. I know that i would face a bigger challenge though....did i mention the property has a pond? <g>.

At current rents I know it wont cashflow, but was willing to look at it as a tax shelter & given its location & condition future appreciation; tough to get on a multiunit.

The property has been on the market for about 12 weeks now, the only (legal) way I know I would be able to finance it is to have the owner cover the downpayment gap for me. If this is still on the market come spring, i might try to broach the subject again.

Given that he is trying to swing a 1031 exchange is there any kind of carrot can i dangle to give him what he & I both want?

Thanks
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us