The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

International Investing / Australia (All-Ordinaries)

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-pointing-this-out-i-never-would-have-16573534.aspx

Subject:  Re: Motley Fool Charging for This Date:  1/28/2002  8:30 PM
Author:  kjbt100 Number:  3389 of 6186

Thanks for pointing this out - I never would have spotted it otherwise (even though its sitting at the top of the home page!)and we have 2 weeks to make up our minds for the 'two for one deal)...

I can understand the impetus behind it - and it would be a pretty costly site to maintain on a free basis (both in terms of $$, and time/energy - although the pay-for services would be bringing in profit).

essentially the fool is a discussion board - and I'm not sure I like the idea of paying to chat (sounds too much like a 1800 ad too me!). Don't get me wrong - I love the discussions, and have to admit I check my fool every day (sad - I know), however their are aus-specific sites that give more comprehensive info on a 'pay-for' basis... and theirs sure to be freebie message board services out there to continue the chat! :)

US$30 is too much for me...
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us