The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Improve the Fool

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/this-is-such-bs-16575761.aspx

Subject:  This is such BS Date:  1/29/2002  12:12 AM
Author:  WorldRecordGuy Number:  22872 of 92651

I started posting at TMF in Feb of '98. I posted exclusively on the stock boards and shared some 20 years of investing experience there. As the market bubbled, and morons with three months investing experience started claiming godlike stock picking abilities, I got disgusted, created a new user name, and started posting in the speakers corner.

While there I have steadfastly and openingly created bizarre posting entities to amuse both myself and those around me. Although these doppels broke the letter of TMF law, they never broke the spirit, for they neither harassed nor obfuscated. Now, they will die an inglorious death, but so be it for the greater good of the community.

I would have no problem ponying up the $29.95 to stay here, even though I see many posters have been offered a free year to simply stay. BUT, two of my damn dopples got a free pass, and neither this user name nor my original one did. For christsakes. You offer up Puffy a freebie, a notorious retard, booze hound, moron who works in the marshmallow factory and refuses to use punctuation and isn't even real? You give DonJuan, a slickerthancatpoop, writes with a thick Italian accent a freebie? C'mon...they're not even my best stuff. What about Paco? Now Paco is pretty damn funny.

Seriously. These are figments of my imagination. They contribute more than I do? That's not possible. I was paying the $29.95 no brainer, but now I'm insulted. If I'm dumb enough to cough up the thirty bucks on other user names, that's my own more money than brains problem. But if you're handing out the free year, give it to this user name, not others I made up.

-WRG, apparently less interesting than his doppels

ps - if this was done intentionally as a joke, my hats off to the jokester
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us