The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  1099G from state? Date:  1/29/2002  12:18 PM
Author:  lemongirl Number:  57822 of 129670

Just received a 1099G from the state of Maine in the mail today. It shows the amount of our state tax refund from last year. Part of the letter states "The amount shown below may be taxable to you if you deducted the income or property tax paid as an itemized deduction on your federal income tax return." How can our state tax refund be taxable again? We did itemize last year and included our mortgage interest and our property tax in our itemized deductions. I'm confused! We filed last year with Turbo Tax and are doing the same this year. Where do I enter this 1099 in Turbo Tax? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us