The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Prior year state taxes paid in 2001 Date:  2/12/2002  6:32 PM
Author:  cubbie86 Number:  58876 of 132691

Thanks to everyone for their assistance so far.

I paid some 1997 state taxes (that I overlooked back in 1997)as well as the accrued interest in the year 2001.

Do I get to add both the taxes and interest to federal Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) or just the taxes. Also will this be applied to line 5 (State and local income taxes) or under line 8 other taxes?

I am hesitant to add it to line 5 as it will not match my W-2 form.

Thanks again
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us