The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

International Investing / Australia (All-Ordinaries)

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-am-also-waiting-to-see-if-etrade-will-allow-us-16728906.aspx

Subject:  Re: Atomica Date:  2/15/2002  2:35 AM
Author:  harmy Number:  3584 of 6186

I am also waiting to see if e*trade will allow us to trade US shares in Oz dollars from Australia on favourable terms

Barcoo

Fine about the email - nice to gets things sorted.
The problem I have with dealing through an Oz or NZ broker is that they are expensive and there is a time delay. If you trade direct on-line through a US broker there is little or no time delay. Datek for example will action your trade within sixty seconds or you get a free trade. They charge $US9.99 per trade which is considerable cheaper than buying through my broker here in NZ.
I like the streamers that many US brokers have - you can watch the bids and price rising and falling as it happens.
I also hope I haven't put you off buying stocks because of the US dollars prices I quoted - there are many stocks trading at $2 or $3 dollars and are very good companies. One thing I didn't mention is that there is tremendous momentum in the US market - stocks rise and fall very rapidly and to very great heights (or lows). As I said earlier it is an exiting market to be in and providing you start off small (say a couple of thousand Oz dollars) you can have a lot of fun.
Regards
Harmy
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us