The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Industry Discussions / Real Estate Inv. Trusts: REITs

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-think-this-is-a-great-thread-but-i-would-like-16988388.aspx

Subject:  Re: nosey missash would like to know Date:  4/1/2002  6:14 PM
Author:  JimLuckett Number:  12810 of 86798

I think this is a great thread!

But, I would like to ask everyone who has responded why they did what they did. The action without the reason is not all that informative.

Mark -- Tell us your thinking on GL, please. There's a juicey yield we could all love, if we could believe in its safety given the high payout ratio and soft office market.

What have I been doing? I sold WRE due to over-valuation and bought KRC, because it was fairly valued according to Green St. and had a higher yield.

I sold 2/3 of KPA-A position and diversified into ARI-B and PSB-F.

I cheated on my non-REIT allocation and bought AIV-G and PSA-U with idle cash outside the REIT allocation that I couldn't think of anything else to do with.

Bought ARE common for all the reasons Ralph has posted.

Still hanging in with HPT.

Eyeing HR and HCP and wondering if I should lighten up on them due to overvaluation. Eyeing NHP and its still-fat yield and wondering if I should buy more. What an opportunity it was to be able to buy NHP below 11 not so very long ago! I remember Barry Vinocur writing at the depth of the healthcare bear market something like "fortunes will be made in the better healthcare stocks." He was sure right.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us