The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Need help ASAP please re IRA Date:  4/2/2002  4:45 PM
Author:  Crosenfield Number:  34092 of 98924

Get the Roth while you can.
Who knows, they may raise limits and you may be eligible more years than you thought.
The Roth means you NEVER pay taxes on the capital gains within the account, provided that you leave the money in the account as intended.
You can have two accounts, a Roth and a non-deductible IRA with the same institution. Not that much extra trouble. You don't report anything having to do with the IRA or Roth to the IRS anyway.
A Roth is a good deal all around. Do it.
Best wishes, Chris
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us