The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  IRA Distribution Taxes Date:  4/9/2002  12:51 PM
Author:  crs107 Number:  60130 of 130424

I know that this is going to be a question that should be simple to find an answer to but I've spent an hour looking for the answer at the irs site and couldn't figure it out so I'm hoping someone here could help.

I took a distribution from my traditional IRA in 2001. It's all taxable and I'm filing a 1040A (I think, not sure now because of the distribution). My question is what form do I file to claim this distribution? I may not be asking all the questions I need to ask about this so any info is greatly appreciated and if I'm not asking on the right board, please direct me to the correct one. Thank you.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us