The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/in-this-case-this-quotone-size-fits-allquot-17110290.aspx

Subject:  Re: Allocation suggested by FinancialEngines Date:  4/23/2002  4:49 PM
Author:  joebedford Number:  34319 of 102415

In this case, this "one size fits all" fits almost everybody that is invested in the stock market.

And on what basis did we decide that this investor was, or even should be, invested in the stock market at all?

The toughest decision of the VTSMX investor is how much cash to keep as a percentage of his portfolio.

Unless I misread the original poster, he seemed to be opining that you should not keep any cash in your portfolio. Put it all in an index, is what I recall he said.

Personally, I'm not a VTSMX investor because I'm one of those RARE 2 out of 100 investors that actually has beaten VTSMX over the last 20 year period.

Um, proving my point it's not for everyone? You are saying almost everyone. Again, a caveat I don't believe the original post included.

Thanks!
Joe
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us