The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-just-got-off-the-phone-with-scottrade-and-ill-17129583.aspx

Subject:  Re: The slow death of a traditional IRA...Help!! Date:  4/26/2002  3:57 PM
Author:  Brett257 Number:  34370 of 102725

I just got off the phone with Scottrade, and I'll transfer it as soon as possible, probably the beginning of May. Right now her broker is her best friends husband. I don't know how he looks at her in the face knowing what he is doing to her. He is with Rushmore Securities Corp in Dallas, TX. We get a lot of statements from Pershing. I'm not familiar with them. I want my mom to be happy with what her retirement money is doing. Once it's under our (family) control she will be able to sleep just a little bit better.

I'm sure her broker right now will want to charge her a ton of $$$, but I'll help her pay for it just so I know that everything is going good with her stuff. From my portfolio tracking, her total portfolio is down almost -9%. But her broker has brainwashed her to think "Everyone is losing money." Which is not true. You are very helpful. Thank you so much Caat.

Brett
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us