The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/tiaa-cref-is-one-i-am-planning-on-looking-at-i-17165276.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fund Fees Date:  5/3/2002  4:27 PM
Author:  beccapooka Number:  34436 of 98509

TIAA-CREF is one I am planning on looking at. I like the Vanguard Index Funds in that I have heard a lot of good things about them, but I know about the minimums and fees. I thought TD Waterhouse had $500 minimums but I may be wrong. I'm looking into it further. Sharebuilder also has a $500 minimum so I will be looking into what they offer as well.

My specific question about the 1% fees is in relationship to 3 index funds (large, mid, and small cap) offered by ING. I do keep my savings there and so I think it is only natural to look there for investment products as well. Of course if what they offer isn't competitive then I will want to go with another company. There prospectus looks pretty good. I just don't understand the fees. These three funds all have net expenses of 1% or less.

Thanks for all replies so far. Keep them coming. I'm sure I'll have more questions over the next 6 months or so as I save the money to open the IRA.

Rebecca

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us