The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Book Club (Fiction Poetry Drama)

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-loved-the-robin-hobbs-books-though-it-wasnt-17222936.aspx

Subject:  Re: Micahel Whelan Date:  5/15/2002  3:06 PM
Author:  MLong13 Number:  734 of 3374

I loved the Robin Hobb's books, though it wasn't the cover per se, but the title. Did you know her real name is Megan Lindholm? You may find other (older/used) books by her under that name.

I did know that, but I have not looked up any of her books by that name. I will say that I had spoken with her via e-mail and thought that was truly wonderful.

I was lent the Melanie Rawn books, and thought them ok, but wouldn't buy a set for myself.

I don't know why, but there was just something about her stories that I found very appealing. Of course she does piss me off in that she has no problems with killing people off.

How about Llyn Flewelling's Nightrunner series? Main characters are gay and that may put some people off, but I thought the storyline was excellent and the writing quite good.

I have seen them at the store, but never gotten them. I'll have to check them out though.

Have you read any of the pagan stories/mysteries? One that I want to check out is about a character named Rowan Gant. There are a couple different series I have on my wish list at Amazon. I'll have to get the names for you.

Mark

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us