The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: lend me your wisdom-sorry it's long Date:  5/16/2002  1:51 PM
Author:  walbet Number:  34538 of 104427


Long since retired (1988), I have been in the financial planning field for over 40 years. I am a CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter) and a ChFC
(Chartered Financial Consultant). I'm also half-way across the country from you, (in San Gabriel, CA), so THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR YOUR BUSINESS.

In reviewing your questions, my first thought is to urge that you seek assistance from a professional in your area - one whom you can trust, and one who will look out for YOUR best interests. Along these lines, seek one who has a professional designation, (CLU, ChFC, CFP; - the latter is "Chartered Financial Planner"). These individuals can be found through referrals from friends, Trust officials, Attorneys, Bankers, etc. Be certain that the person FIRST has YOUR benefit in mind, and is ONE WHOM YOU CAN TRUST (This is vital!). Not the easist action in the world, I'd advise your talking to at least three pros before making choosing the advisor!

Hope this helps in your future planning Terri; having married a divorcee 53 years ago, (1949), I can appreciate your sense of trauma, (hope that word is not too strong!).

Best of luck in your future planning; keep in touch if you feel I might be of any assistance.



Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us