The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Online Banking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/jeff-my-research-into-corporate-governance-in-17278577.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bank One Article Date:  5/28/2002  1:17 AM
Author:  SeattleNative Number:  17083 of 24357

Jeff: My research into corporate governance in recent months has not included Bank One. The previous Bank One CEO was not particularly responsive to the public. My knowledge about Mr. Dimon's accomplishments remains very limited, so I will eat some crow and concede I overdid the rhetorical attacks against Mr. Dimon.

I still am appalled at the lack of timely disclosure by Bank One to its customers (including FORMER customers who no longer had business relationships with Bank One) to warn or assist them regarding the unauthorized criminal release of personally-identifiable credit and banking data.

What may be more frightening than Bank One's very inadequate response to protect their customers/former customers, is that this kind of unauthorized disclosure and criminal activity could potentially occur with other banks. The laws apparently do not require or even encourage banks to notify the victims of such unauthorized disclosure.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us