The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Online Banking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/as-an-investor-you-should-be-thrilled-that-banks-17280003.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bank One Article Date:  5/28/2002  11:53 AM
Author:  brewer12345 Number:  17086 of 24357

As an investor, you should be thrilled that banks are successfully increasing profitable revenues (provided that you invested in banks). As a consumer, well, its a free market and you are welcome to take your business to the banks that offer you a better deal.

As far as executive compensation goes, I would think that as long as the corporate governance structures are strong and intact (not always the case), and execs are performing well, it is hard to begrudge them their earnings. Particularly in the case of pay-for-performance structures, I'd think that investors would be happy to pay CEO's richly because it would mean that investor's were doing well.

Now there are numerous cases where execs are egregiously over-paid (I have one in my portfolio and I'm looking to get out). Since these problems are out there, it pays to do some DD.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us