The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Discount Brokers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/then-i-would-think-the-stop-was-at-the-wrong-17367981.aspx

Subject:  Re: Slightly OT: Date:  6/15/2002  1:00 PM
Author:  zJohnR Number:  41864 of 50600

Then I would think the stop was at the wrong place.
Oh, yes, I agree completely! (How could I not?? :-) Looked at that way, I guess I'm saying I'd always have no faith in my ability to pick the right stop-loss price.

I would sure be interested in hearing what stocks you think are so great you know they will go back up?

Ohhhhhhhhh. I misunderstood before. So all you're asking is, "Hey, [F,f]ool, so what's in your wallet?" Well, as far as stocks go, I currently have the longs listed below.

CAVEAT EMPTOR! These are not recommendations I'd never recommend that anyone do what I do since I don't trust my decisions that much. But if all you want is a FYI, here it is:

~1200 IBM (employee stock purchase plan ... over time it accumulates)
600 MSFT
~350 VZ
and in the totally, completely idiotic speculation category
426 CA
7500 ADBL

The ADBL is no doubt a tax loss waiting to happen. But I use their service and I think it is a good one. Every now and then I just want to put my money on a really, really, long shot. Not rational. Certainly not Foolish, I would expect. But there it is ...

So, you can see why moving more of my money into bond mutual funds might be a prudent thing ... no? <g>

-john in Ithaca
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us