The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Book Club (Fiction Poetry Drama)

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-finished-one-last-night-sherri-tepper-fresco-17383082.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: How many books are you reading? Date:  6/19/2002  9:50 AM
Author:  AGlupOfWax Number:  1024 of 3398

I finished one last night, (Sherri Tepper Fresco which was tres tres tres good read) but I'll start another tonight so I'll still have 3 going.

I usually have 3 books going at once. Right now I have four.

I have my 'bathroom' reading which is usually something I can read in shorter segments. Sometimes a technical book, sometimes something else, usually nonfiction for some reason. Right now this is "The Thinker's Way" by John Chaffee.

I have my "in the car" book. This is usually something that I am not enthralled with. This often sits for long periods of time, but is there if I get stuck waiting for something. "Don't Worry, Make Money" by Richard Carlson is the current one in this category.

Then I have my "bedtime reader". This is usually the book I am most interested in. Right now it is "The Origins of Consciousness In Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind" by Jaynes (I know, but the book is much more fascinating than the title). But this is often a quick read novel or something just for fun.

Since my daughter is 19+ months old, I am also reading "What to expect the Toddler Years". It is a good parenting book that goes month by month with the type of things to expect. I only read a month or two ahead of where my daughter is actually at, so I'll probably be reading this one off and on for another year or so.

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us