The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Online Banking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ing-direct-woes-17439659.aspx

Subject:  ING Direct Woes Date:  6/30/2002  12:26 AM
Author:  ARRazorback Number:  17206 of 24357

Have any of you experienced the following situation with ING lately?

I opened my account in December 2001 and have been making several deposits a month from my linked checking acct since then. For the past couple statements, there has been a note on it saying I need to confirm my linked account which I did in December (it is coming up everytime I am online with them too). I emailed customer service and their emailed response on why this was occurring was "Good question. You will have to call us to straighten it out." I called and got no resolution--I was basically told to ignore it. That was fine until today....

I am trying to transfer money from ING to my checking acct (first time I have tried this) and it wouldn't let me. I called customer service again and the idiot on the other end tried to tell me it was because I haven't confirmed the link (I told him about my previous conversation with customer service and that I had been transferring money for months.) He then told me he couldn't help me and that some internal department was going to have to deal with it. This will add a minimum of 2 days to the 3 days it takes to do the transfer. I explained that I needed the money by the end of this coming week--nothing. No offer to call me back with the info on the account. I had to demand an email to know if and when the situation is resolved. Luckily I have a savings acct with my B&M bank but I am still mad about the fact I can't get to MY money. Any suggestions (beyond switching online banks)?

ARR
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us