The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

International Investing / Australia (All-Ordinaries)

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-harmy-and-barcoo-thanks-harmy-for-the-insight-17478216.aspx

Subject:  Re: Would you invest here ??? Date:  7/8/2002  11:43 PM
Author:  applefoot Number:  4590 of 6186

Hi Harmy and Barcoo,

Thanks Harmy for the insight and the email. You have given me a valuable new perspective with which to work.

Barcoo, thanks too for your thoughts. The problem of falling living standards is of courrse, not restricted to New Zealand. In continental Europe and the UK also the debate is ongoing about how to fund the retirement plans of these countries. Ageing populations and a distinct trend towards underfunding by the individual for his/her retirement is being discussed as to its impact on the diminishing work force.

The occasional bout of civil unrest is also reported from time to time. France particularly at the moment seems to be taking the limelight, although the situation is similar in Italy also. It would be a great shame, nay a disaster, if such a beautiful country as New Zealand was to succumb to politicians who stick their heads in the sand.

I do read about 80% of the posts on this board and so am never far away. I am a one-trick-pony though when it comes to Oz investments. Just got the one stock, NRT, and am happy to post on that subject when the occasion demands.

Will chime in from time to time.

Jon
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us