The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Online Banking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/rjm-one-of-your-messages-last-night-was-removed-17488497.aspx

Subject:  Re: everbank is a bait & switch firm Date:  7/10/2002  3:24 PM
Author:  SeattleNative Number:  17238 of 24357

RJM: one of your messages last night was removed by TMF. The individuals named in your post no longer participate here at TMF because they disliked being flamed by you (and "bn56", "ICLF", et al) here or at the Gomez boards. Most of them still have TMF memberships, but it's just not worth the hassle/headache for them. I rarely post here at TMF for the same reason.

Regarding Everbank, they could improve the ease of finding the e/Checking account terms and disclosures. The account offers a 3-month "teaser" rate. The regular non-teaser rate (1.51%) is not the very highest rate at an online bank, but it is competitive compared with money-market mutual funds and savings/checking rates offered at 95% of other U.S. banking institutions.

The other weakness in Everbank's e/Checking product is that if the account falls below the $1,500 minimum balance (note it is NOT an "average daily balance"), you get zero interest paid on your money. Interest is only earned if the minimum balance is over $1,500 for the entire month.

At least I give Everbank credit, they do spell out these terms in plain English. I have seen other banks use obfuscatory and evasive language, this is not one of those cases. SN

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us