The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks J / Johnson & Johnson

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/disclaimer-the-following-comments-come-from-a-jj-17542050.aspx

Subject:  Re: Trouble? Date:  7/19/2002  1:04 PM
Author:  GliderGuy Number:  4946 of 10474

Disclaimer: The following comments come from a J&J employee and should be taken as such.

I have to tell you that when a co-worker stopped by this morning and told me about the investigation and the stock sell-off, it brought tears to my eyes and joy to my greedy heart. This could just be my lucky day, I thought. If one investigation and simply publishing a known concern with a drugs usage can do this to J&J's stock price, it says much about the current sentiments of investors.

As a J&J insider, having working many years for another large company before we were purchased by J&J makes me realize just how fortunate I am. At J&J there are some things you simply don't do. Those things are considered so important that we post them prominently in all J&J facilities. The top no-no is to do anything that even remotely might hurt a patient. The second item is to, “Do the right thing”, which is a program making it easy for people to bring concerns forward in a safe forum and to get appropriate action. Knowing this, it makes no sense to fire an operator who was trying to point out a deficiency, if there was one. These people, those who are feel responsible and who will speak up when they are concerned, are exactly what one would want.

After looking up all I could find on the current investigation and Eprex, and finding little that worries me regarding the overall health and stature of the company, I put a substantial buy order in with my favorite discount brokerage. When I find a beat-up dynamic blue-chip company with consistently excellent values and management, I just can't resist.

Just one persons opinion….

Gliderguy

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us