The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hocus-writes-ive-had-a-few-e-mail-conversations-17667673.aspx

Subject:  Re: non-MasterMind will RE Date:  8/10/2002  12:14 PM
Author:  intercst Number:  73387 of 881152

hocus writes,

I've had a few e-mail conversations with TMFBogey as this debate has proceeded because I want to avoid violating any Motley Fool rules as to the extent to which a non-board founder may question conclusions of a board founder. I've noted in earlier posts that, while TMFBogey prefers open debate as an ideal, he also grants some deference to what he refers to as “board culture.” So I have tried to monitor whether my effort to get a discussion started on some investing ideas that have not been discussed on this board in the past disrupts the board culture in any way.

hocus,

The "board culture" of the REHP is that you can post whatever you want, but if you post anything looney, you'll likely be challenged on it. And if you continue to post lunacy, you'll be ridiculed for it. It's really not that hard to understand.

Several posters here think I'm a lunatic because I'm a LTB&H investor in stocks and I'm careful to treat real estate as an expense to be minimized rather than an investment. That's fine, it doesn't bother me.

Maybe you need a thick skin to be a successful early retiree? <grin>

intercst

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us