The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/gwm-wrote-i-got-to-er-at-a-younger-age-than-you-17670098.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: KISS Date:  8/11/2002  10:08 AM
Author:  galeno Number:  73468 of 882490

GWM wrote:
I got to ER at a younger age than you, and stocks werent what delivered the prize.

Since [as you've said] you're so smart, I must be a frickin' genius. <do you really believe the things you say?>

And if I followed your logic, and since I outperformed you, then my way must be the only way, and you're just a FIRE wannabe. <grin>

GWM, unless you have between 50 and 100 times (or more) your annual expenses in income producing assets to support you thru FIRE, I'll guarantee you one thing, your FIRE will not last unless you are exposed to stocks.

With $30 million cash in cardboard boxes in the cellar and $60K per year in expenses, ANY IDIOT can FIRE. Just ask any successfully retired drug dealer <grin>.

BTW, I'm STILL smarter than you because I FIRED in a much more difficult environment than you did. Almost anybody with 1/4th a brain can retire early int the USA. If I "did my thing" in the USA, I'd be a member the Forbes 500 <grin>.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us