The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/galeno-i-will-repeat-again-if-you-seriously-17670211.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: KISS Date:  8/11/2002  10:40 AM
Author:  inparadise Number:  73476 of 882353

Galeno: I will repeat AGAIN, if you seriously want to retire early, you must invest in stocks. If you want a masochistic and UGLY second job and PRETEND to retire early, then invest in residential real estate. I understand that wishfull thinking and waving your hands around at the same time MAY improve your investment returns and SWR significantly <grin>.

What experience do you base these comments on? I realize we may have just been "lucky", though I really don't believe in that term, but for the 9 years that we have had our batchelor pad turned rental property we have not spent more than a handfull of hours per year on it, and for the last 6+ years have managed the property from over 1500 miles away. We've also done owner financing that while originally painful while the market was surging, wound up being a great investment as our stocks plunged. This again took minimal time. I realize I have a narrow based experience, but am curious as to what experience you are basing your comments on?

InParadise,
Who used to have similar feelings about rentals as Galeno until she actually experienced it.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us