The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/we-have-2-camps-here-people-who-want-to-take-the-17670314.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: KISS Date:  8/11/2002  11:13 AM
Author:  2828 Number:  73480 of 882353

We have 2 camps here. People who want to take the time to handle real estate as an investment because they are more out going and don't mind taking calls when the phone is ringing off the hook because you rent something out below market value.And people who are more introverted and see renting out property as not retiring early because dealing with renters is like having a job. My cousin is a real estate agent and has 8 houses in which he rents out and does very well for himself. He dreams of owning apartment buildings and such. I see this as a huge pain in the a**,but if i liked dealing with people i see nothing wrong with it whatsoever. I on the other hand used to own my own business coldcalling businesses looking for used metalworking equipment.Being very introverted it was a chore,but strangely i made quite a bit of money doing it.I personally wouldn't like the phone ringing off the hook trying to rent property out but i definitely see it as a great way to retire.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us