The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/catherinecoy-quoted-me-on-this-thread-i-was-17671190.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: KISS Date:  8/11/2002  4:50 PM
Author:  JWR1945 Number:  73545 of 881520

CatherineCoy quoted me on this thread:

I was really hoping that CatherineCoy and others would have started looking at your old posts to figure out the details.

With a really good comment:

Pursuant to GWM's suggestion, I've begun a systematic reading of old posts, but there are so many ...

CatherineCoy, remember your very first few posts on this board. You asked a couple of innocent questions. You were wondering why someone who is capable of working and enjoys working might want to retire early. You have just answered your own question. It is so that you can read those old posts.

You have also expressed concern over the amount of time it would take to retire. But consider this:

Recently, you have indicated that you already have about $400K in real estate equity. That is about half way to a high quality retirement in most states (i.e., outside of California and other high cost of living areas).

Start dreaming, CatherineCoy. You are almost there.

Have lots of fun. Dream on.

John R.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us