The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ok-let-me-ask-you-straight-out-if-you-had-17672048.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: KISS Date:  8/11/2002  10:41 PM
Author:  CatherineCoy Number:  73611 of 882362

OK let me ask you straight out, if you had unlimited funds would you still look for bargains in the real estate market?

Yes! I think it's fun. I also like to find a screaming sale on shoes. Hey, what can I say--I'm a woman.

Deal with people thinking you are low balling them on their properties.

Yes! But I don't consider that I'm "low balling" anyone. I would pay only what the properties are worth. Big difference. If the seller is inclined to feel low-balled, they're not motivated enough to sell to me. I made several offers before I purchased my first investment properties. In not one of them did the seller feel offended (I don't think) by my offer. My goodness, there's a right way and a wrong way to negotiate!

Also, does anyone here have unlimited funds? Bill Gates isn't a lurker, is he? Aren't most FIREs judicious in their withdrawal of those funds? Isn't that what "Safe Withdrawal Rates" and the raging debate thereon is all about?
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us