The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/why-is-this-the-only-place-on-the-face-of-the-17688131.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: KISS Date:  8/14/2002  5:59 PM
Author:  webwide Number:  74152 of 882122

Why is this the only place on the face of the earth where Real Estate Investment and Rental Real Estate are exactly the same thing?

Actually, it's not the only place, but it irritates me to no end no matter where I run into it. For example, I am in the initial phases of my real estate investment career. I currently am involved in 4 different joint ventures (as a mostly passive investor) involving SFR rehabs. None of these involve long-term rentals. I am estimating a return of approximately 160% in a six-month time frame. I began the first of these four ventures approximately one month ago and anticipate continuing to participate at a similar rate (minimum 2 deals per month).

I consider this to qualify as 'Real Estate Investment' and yet at no point will I or my joint venture partners be taking on the role of landlord.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us