The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks S / Sirius XM Radio

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/if-youre-going-to-accuse-anyone-of-trying-to-17721519.aspx

Subject:  Re: Additional Funding Requirements Date:  8/22/2002  1:27 AM
Author:  Somewhere Number:  1686 of 10889

If you're going to accuse anyone of trying to "spook" people out of investing in Sirius, it should probably be me.

Hey, I've done my share of spooking too! =) But not in regards to Leon Black. I plead total ignorance on that point--my spooking is limited to the financial statements. Very scary stuff. (OT: I just love those Halloween articles and "scary stocks" that should be avoided. You can often learn a lot by looking at what NOT to invest in.)

I definitely have a negative stance on the stocks of XMSR and SIRI and may have spooked a few people out of it. It's not that I want satellite radio to fail--I think it's a cool concept. But looking at their financial statements, it seems like a pretty good bet. And based on the returns these stocks have provided since I've started haunting this board, I've done a great service for anyone I managed to spook. =)

I am a spook, but not for the reasons accused of in recent posts!

-- Ryan
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us