The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Online Banking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/netbank-advice-needed-17765496.aspx

Subject:  NetBank advice needed Date:  8/30/2002  9:43 PM
Author:  manwithapipe Number:  17440 of 24357

Hello Fools...

I am seeking some expert advice selfishly catered to my specific financial situation.

As of now, I currently hold a 'Value' account with Wells Fargo. Holy $@#% the fees are choking me to death. $7-$10 per month! I could use that $84-$120/yr for investments elsewhere, 400 McDonalds hamburgers, or a pet monkey.

I also hold an account with Vanguard for their 500 Index Fund and a Tax-Exmpt MM Fund for various rare brokerage transactions.

I have a very small income and my avg. balance is usually below $2000 in my W.Fargo accounts, however I have zero debt (aside from a low 3.64% interest student loan).

I've considered shifting my banking to NetBank, but I have read little about deposit options. Are there any other ways to deposit money aside from snail mail and direct-deposit without incurring fees? And what if I choose to write checks instead of Bill-Pay? Is it a nuisance?

Finally, if I'm DRiP'ing through a ShareBuilder account, does anyone have any experience with transfering money from NetBank to ShareBuilder?

Basically I'm trying to see if a B&M is for me, or if I can manage with NetBank or one of its evil step-cousins and avoid these darned fees.

Thanks!
--mwp

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us